Did you know with a regular vehicle service you can save money on fuel? Petrol isn’t cheap these days, and it’s not showing any sign of falling in price, so everything you can save will help. To get the most out of your dollar at the pump, a vehicle service will make sure your car is performing at its maximum efficiency, trimming all those unnecessary wastages.
Call us and book in a vehicle service today. By allowing us to check out where your car isn’t performing to standard, we can stop you losing you money on fuel consumption.
During a vehicle service, all good mechanics will take a look at:
- The engine Engine performance is extremely important when it comes to fuel consumption, and by keeping your engine properly tuned, you can improve kilometres per tank by an average of 4% percent.
- Tyre pressure Under inflated tyres can drastically reduce mileage, and correctly inflated tyres can make an improvement of over 3% percent.
- Oil levels An old oil filter can have a huge effect on your car’s mileage, and even which type of oil you put in your engine can improve fuel economy by up to 2% percent.
- The air filters Replacing clogged air filters on older cars can improve fuel economy and will improve performance and acceleration on all vehicles.
- The petrol cap A loose petrol cap allows the petrol in your tank to vaporise, reducing the time between stops at the pump.
- The electronics During a vehicle service your electronics are also checked. Electronic components such as Power Steering can have an effect on your car’s mileage.
All these small things in your car can add up to a big difference in your fuel consumption! If you haven’t had a vehicle service in a while, then give us a call. We can help keep you safe on the road, while at the same time saving you money in fuel costs.